by Jeff Glover
on Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 at 8:45am.
Wether moving into a new space or needing to refresh your current one, these tips will help you fall in LOVE with your home. This process doesn’t have to be overwhelming, just have fun with it!
1. First define your style. Modern, Contemporary, Eclectic, Farmhouse, Traditional, Transitional. Find inspiration photos,start a Pinterest boards. Once you can pinpoint what your attracted to, you’ve done half the work.
2. Break your design down room by room. Prioritize what rooms are most important to you and start with those. Remember not everything needs to be done immediately.
3. Break out the brushes! Paint is hands down the easiest way to may an impact. Softer, lighter colors are great for small rooms. Bold, vibrant colors are great for offices, dining rooms and accent walls. When trying out paint colors remember the 3’s: 3 colors, 3 walls, 3 times of day. Paint will always show differently in your home than in store.
4. Pick your anchor pieces before worrying about the details. This could be a rug, sofa, large piece of art, accent chair, a throw pillow you adore etc.
5. Layer your rooms over time. A truly personalized design doesn’t happen overnight. As you live in your home you will be able to fine tune your specific needs. You may find a need for more storage or better lighting, find that one of a kind piece etc.
6. Keep it fluid. As design trends change over time don’t be afraid to purge and update. Minor changes can give a space a whole different vibe.
7. Remember your home is your home and should truly be your comfort zone. Things don’t have to be perfect, not everything has to match but you do need to love your space.
If design isn’t your forte, don’t worry! Take advantage of industry professionals that can help you make the right choice, the first time around.